I am a psychotherapist in Beaverton, Oregon, and provide therapy to individuals, couples and families. You may be initiating mental health therapy for help with any of the following: depression, anxiety/panic attacks, conflict with your partner/spouse, work/school stress, recent separation or divorce, death of a family member/friend/pet, strong/uncomfortable feelings: sad, lonely, bored, angry, scared, chronic pain/exhaustion or low self confidence. I have years of experience helping people with these life issues.
A BIT ABOUT ME
I received my Bachelors of Science degree from Colorado State University and my Masters in Social Work from Washington University and have specialized training in the following areas:
- Eight years of Gestalt Training working with Bob Martin, DSW
- Eight years of Multi-generational Family Therapy training with David Freeman, DSW
- Couples Therapy with the Gestalt Institute
- Sex Therapy at the University of California
For the last 20+ years I have been in private practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the greater Portland area. In addition to my private practice, I have also
- Been an instructor for the Human Sexuality Course at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine and Portland State University School of Social Work
- Worked at Lutheran Family Service, Portland, OR
- Been an Individual, Couples and Group Therapist
- Designed and led Lifestyle Weekend Workshops in the region featuring Stress Reduction, Sensory Awareness/Play Therapy for Adults.
- Been a KEX radio talk show host on the topic of Sex and Intimacy.